Life is Like a Checkbook - Keep It Balanced

A few months ago, I had the pleasure of meeting a minister named Bettye Walker at a women's retreat. Although we don't see one another very often, we've kept in touch through the wonderful world of technology. I'm always trying to learn something new and Bettye showers me with words of wisdom. Recently, she sent me an article, Put Yourself First, written by Rebecca Pratt. It reminded me of why I learned to work hard and play hard .

As a woman business owner, it's easy to fall into the trap of trying to do it all and getting worn out. When it's all said and done, life is pretty short. So take care of yourself. If it's important for your employees, spouse, children or family to exercise, eat right and get plenty of sleep, it just might be important for you also.

I love the way the article ends - "Your life should be like a checking account, balancing out on a regular basis so that you always have assets to draw upon. By making even small deposits - taking care of yourself with a 10-minute walk or a nutritious meal - you'll be amazed at the interest you'll reap."